Message Lab is seeking a Web Analytics Manager to help us configure and implement analytics across clients, manage implementations, and build reports from analytics platforms through in-depth analysis of channels, audiences, audience behavior, and content consumption. We are looking for someone who understands the importance of data integrity, gets excited about creative tracking solutions, and has a strong point of view on process and is comfortable communicating data-backed insights to clients. Experience with editorial/thought-leadership content—and showing its effectiveness—is a strong plus.
While this role currently manages a function, it does not include management of full-time staff. The role is fully remote and reports to Message Lab’s senior digital marketing strategist.
- Help with or lead Google Analytics and Google Tag manager audits, updates, and new implementations
- Use Google Analytics and Google Data Studio to build monthly measurement and performance reports for client delivery
- Manage analytics accounts, tag management, and dashboard software and configurations for clients to ensure a high level of data integrity
- Have strong data skills - must be comfortable analyzing large quantities of data to create summaries, develop models, and extract insights
- Have exceptional quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to draw insights and recommendations from analysis and present proposals to internal stakeholders.
- Be able to communicate data-backed insight in non-technical language that can be understood by all stakeholders
- Build processes for implementing tracking solutions or for configuring accounts that can be repeated
- Keep up to date on best practices and news in the analytics industry
- Recommend innovative tools, techniques, or metrics that would enhance our strategic knowledge or product offering
- Be comfortable delivering on deadline while working remotely
- 5+ years experience with either Google Analytics
- 3+ years with a tag management system such as Google Tag Manager
- 2+ years experience with Google Data Studio
- 2-3 years developing reports for internal and external stakeholders
- An understanding of digital marketing channels and their implications on data
- Experience with or interest in applying analytics best practices and tools to measure the impact of top-of-funnel publishing activities (content) on business outcomes
- Strong communication skills and ability to present to clients
- Experience with other analytics platforms (Adobe, Mixpanel, Amplitude, Chartbeat, Parsley, etc.)
- Experience with BigQuery
- Experience in other marketing channels (owned, social and paid)
- Experience with BI tools of any sort (Domo, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with A/B testing and experimentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and SQL
- Can visualize data well
- Can automate tedious or repeatable tasks
- Have previous work experience at an agency
- Proactively bring new ideas for the account to improve performance
- Effectively convey insights to the client
- Tie what’s happening in the accounts to the client’s business
- Build relationships with clients and partners
- Able to adjust communication style based on the audience
- Demonstrate leadership skills, which might include the ability to train, mentor, and help onboard clients and new team members, challenge existing processes, help bring new ideas to internal planning sessions, and overall be a self-driven learner and solutions-oriented team member.
- Embrace new opportunities to learn more about or test new measurement approaches, platforms, and technologies.
- Constantly improve upon your understanding of digital marketing beyond analytics and analysis.
What you can expect
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision and vacation
- A growing team that is motivated to create high quality, industry-leading work
- A fun environment that includes lots of laughing and camaraderie
A fast-growing, award-winning content marketing agency that combines journalism, data, and design to create content that resonates with audiences. We’re based in Oakland California, with team members throughout North America.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.